Thursday, November 26, 2009

November 24-26, 2009

As I begin typing this entry, the sun is just threatening to break over the horizon. Which means I only have a few minutes to write before I have to pin the blanket back over my window and go to sleep. It's now officially Thanksgiving and I guess even people who are doomed to immortal life have something to be thankful for.

So here is a list:

-I am thankful I have two best friends that are willing to keep the biggest secret of their lives, and of mine.
-I am thankful I have a family who understands and believes my excuse that I can't make it home for the holidays because I have to work (I couldn't very well go home and only come out of my bedroom at night, now could I?)
-I am thankful that the movies got it wrong and I can actually see my reflection, look upon crucifixes and stand the smell of garlic.
-I am thankful that I managed to suck the blood out of a rabbit on the apartment complex playground and not be seen by any of my neighbors.

Which I guess should bring me to a confession. I really tried to stick with the diet of cold blood from pre-packaged meat. But it was disgusting. Do you realize how gross it was to have to skim meat particles and fat off the top of my glass at every meal. I mean, it's gross enough that I have to drink blood as it is, but that was pushing the boundries of no way-ness.

So what have I been doing? No, I haven't been draining joggers in the woods or anything. However, I feel that the rabbit population is going to dwindle in the area soon. Good thing I only have to feed once a night. The only downside to drinking the blood of a rabbit is that I sometimes have to pick fur out of my teeth. Definitely not fun, but not as bad as the "skimming."

I haven't told Dustin or Cheryl about the rabbits. Cheryl is not a vegetarian but I am sure she would place what I am doing pretty high on the animal cruelty scale. Dustin would probably just be grossed out by it all. I also didn't tell them about my trip downtown the other night. I figured that would just be stupid.

And what I did was stupid and reckless. I need to learn to get the thirst under control before I go out again. Which means I need to start being around small groups of people and then move on up to larger groups slowly. Hopefully I can deal with this sooner rather than later.

So whats coming up ahead in the next week or so? Well, first I have to find a suitable and believable excuse for why I have to miss Christmas as well. Mom is already asking about my days off for the holiday. I have to call my job and see if I can get my job back AND switch to night shift. I am sure that with my new abilities that won't be a problem. And last but certainly not least, I have to figure what to tell Jessie when he comes into town next week. How can I make sure he doesn't get suspicious that I only wake up after dark?

Any suggestions would be great. Feel free to leave me a comment below with your ideas.

The suns about to come up. The birds are chirping. Happy Thanksgiving all you mortals.

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment